Supporting Art and Those Who Make It.
For more than 30 years, AVA has worked to support people who make art. By becoming a member of AVA, you can connect with others across the Greater Chattanooga area who also value creativity and the arts.
In 2018 AVA will implement an exciting series called The Business of Art. Formatted as educational workshops for both emerging and established artists, The Business of Art will address art as a serious enterprise and guide artists toward developing the specific skills and understanding they need for a successful career. The Business of Art will explore topics such as marketing and public relations, social media networking, sales practices, art festivals, commercial galleries, grant writing, and finance.
AVA Membership Benefits
- Gallery - AVA members have the opportunity to exhibit their work in our highly visible gallery located on Frazier Ave.
- Member Mixer - AVA hosts quarterly member gatherings so that members can socialize and network with fellow artist. Mixers will showcase a few experienced artists with an opportunity for members to “pick their brains” about struggles and successes.
- AVA's Artist Directory - The directory provides members with an online presence where they can feature
- three works of art,
- a three-sentence bio, and
- a link their website.
- Monthly Feature - Each month AVA will select an artist to profile on AVArts.org and promote through a press release.
- Photography Studio - Members have access to use AVA's photography studio and to use the technical resources available in AVA equipment loan program.
- Art Loan Program - Members can elect to participate in a program in which AVA partners with local companies to showcase the visual arts . Specifically, members receive consignment fees for lending artwork to exhibitions that AVA curates for professional clients. Exhibitions usually remain on view for six months.
- Member-Only Events - AVA offers programming exclusively available to members.
- Notification of Artist Opportunities - AVA remains current on the evolving trends that impact the visual arts and send notifications about opportunities; such as calls for entries, educational programs, special events; that are relevant and pertinent to artists.
- Discount on Gallery Purchases - Members receive a 10% discount when they purchase works exhibited in AVA's galleries.
- Personalized Membership Card - Members receive a personalized member card that provides exclusive discounts at local businesses.
- Volunteer Opportunities - Members have the opportunity to volunteer in the AVA gallery.
AVA members receive discounts from our partner merchants and organizations
Fine and graphic arts supplies and materials: 20% off on picture framing and art supplies.
Yoga and art classes for kids: 10% off all services (classes, camps, and parties).
Rembrandt's Coffee House, Tony's Pasta, Back Inn Cafe, River Gallery: 10% off all
purchases (select items at River Gallery).
Framing, art supplies, and fine art: 10% off framing and art supplies.
Jewelry, house collections, giftware, bridal registry and more: 10% off any one item.
Art classes and workshops for the beginner and for the professional artist: 10% off printmaking classes.
*New Benefits will be added regularly, check back to this page for updates.