THE ART OF FASHION
Submission Deadline: September 6, 2019
Acceptance Notifications: September 11, 2019
Exhibition Duration: September 27 - November 8, 2019
Reception: September 27, 2019
This call is open to all artists. Proposals will be judged and selected by the AVA curatorial team. All mediums are allowed. Submission fee is $10 for Non AVA Members. There is no submission fee for AVA Members.
Limitations & Restrictions
1) All artwork must be original.
2) 2D works must have a ready hanging system at the time of delivery. 3D works must have a hanging system (if suspended) or a secure base and cannot exceed 8' in any direction. Works cannot weigh more than 75 lbs. unless artist is able to assist with the installment.
3) All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
4) AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the submission process or are not properly outfitted to display in the AVA Gallery.
5) AVA monitors all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission after processing fees.
1.) Please provide a phone number to be reached at in your submission.
2.) Submit no more than 3 works. Image(s) must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set to color RGB (i.e. no added filters)
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: JONES_UNTITLED.jpg
3.) Include the below listing in the submission email for each image:
- Artist Name
- Price (if for sale)
4.) Include a brief artist statement explaining the works (no longer than a page)
Send one email including all required materials to AVA's Chief Curator, Kreneshia Whiteside: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read "FASHION 2019"
Submitting your work indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. You understand that it will be your responsibility to uphold given gallery and participation standards, concurrent with any schedules given to you.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or religion.