Currently on display in the AVA Gallery
The Seasoned Eye
April 25-May 30, 2014
Opening Reception: May 2, 5:30-8:00pm
AVA is committed to supporting artists at each stage of their career. To this point, AVA will host a group exhibition of artists who have shown dedication to their craft from year to year. This competitive exhibit is designed to celebrate career artists that have consistently created and shown their work for 20+ years. This opportunity is only open to established artists living in the Southeastern United States with a well-developed, recent body of work. The exhibit is juried by AVA’s Exhibition Advisory Panel.
Participating artists include: Alan Shuptrine, Ann Nichols, Arlyn Ende, Elizabeth Allen, Jean Hess, Lolly Durant, Marcia Goldenstein, and Susan Thornton
Fresh 2014 – Emerging Artists Exhibit
June 6 – July 25
Opening Reception: June 6, 5:30-8:00 p.m.
AVA’s commitment to supporting emerging artists remains a touchstone of the organization. Every year, AVA hosts a group exhibition of emerging visual artists from the region. This competitive exhibit is designed to support early-career artists at critical points in their growth and development. This opportunity is only open to artists at an early stage in their career with a well-developed, recent body of work who have not had a solo show and are not represented by a commercial gallery. The exhibit is juried by AVA’s Exhibition Advisory Panel.
For more information about Fresh 2012, or other AVA programs, please visit avarts.org or contact Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-265-4282 ext. 105.
Submission Deadline: May 23
Notifications Sent: May 27
Work Delivered to AVA: May 31-June 4
Opening Reception: June 6
Exhibit Ends: July 25
Pick-up Work: July 26
- Any artist working in any medium including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, print media, installation, ceramics, fiber arts, graphic arts, and time-based works are encouraged to apply.
- Must live within the Southeastern United States
- Must be at an early stage in their artistic career.
- Displays artistic promise and commitment to their work.
- Has never had a solo show or binding affiliation with any commercial gallery.
- Must have a current body of work, comprised of at least 5 pieces, which the artist is able to show at the time of application.
Limitation & Restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last 2 years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at AVA.
- AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to hang in the gallery.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- Time-based artists may have to provide their own equipment to show work.
- AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
- All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
- AVA reserves the right to make the final selection of all works to be displayed in the gallery.
Entry is free for AVA members. There is an entry fee of $25 for non-members. You may pay by credit card, check, or money order. For membership information visit: www.avarts.org/www/docs/106.30
- Resume (in PDF format)
- Brief artist’s statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
- Five digital images of recent works. If necessary, please extra detail shots of work submitted. Each image must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
- Complete list of images. For each image, include:
- Application fee, if a non-member
Send materials to:
Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. To the best of your knowledge, you are eligible to be considered for AVA’s FRESH 2013 Emerging Artist Exhibit. Your application contains your work and the information in your resume is complete and true. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for hanging and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. If accepted, the work presented with this application is the work that will be installed in the exhibit. The artist is also aware that AVA does not insure or agree to be responsible for any theft, damage, or loss of any article. The artist agrees to accept any and all loss, theft, or damage resulting directly or indirectly from exhibitor’s participation in these activities.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.
AVA would like to thank First Tenneessee Foundation for their sponsorship of the Main Gallery for 2013.
Association for Visual Arts
30 Frazier Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37405
Stay up to date with the AVA news letter, Subscribe Today