Currently on display in the AVA Gallery
Poster Child: Selections from the 4Bridges Arts Festival Poster Artists
February 7- 28, 2014
Opening Reception: February 7, 5:30-8:00pm
The Association for Visual Arts (AVA) will host a group exhibition of works by past 4Bridges Arts Festival poster artists, February 7-28. The opening reception will be Friday, February 7, from 5:30-8 p.m.
Each year, the 4 Bridges Arts Festival features the work of a renowned local or regional artist on its show poster. The announcement of a poster artist is highly anticipated each year and the posters are works of art in their own right. Visitors to the exhibition will have the opportunity to see recent works by select past posters artists. The show will also serve as a sneak peek of the poster artist for the 2014 festival, Amanda Brazier.
In 2013, AVA began selling limited edition fine art prints of the poster art at the festival. Prints from last year’s festival poster, featuring the work of Jake Kelley, will be for sale alongside the original artworks that make up the exhibition.
Participating artists include:
Amanda Brazier, Terry Cannon, Jake Kelley, Lisa Norris, Brent Sanders, and Daryl Thetford
ReForm: A Habitat for Humanity Exhibition
March 7-31 , 2014
Opening Reception: March 7, 5:30-8 pm
The Seasoned Eye: A Celebration of Artists Working for 20+ Years
April 25-May 30
Opening Reception: May 2, 5:30-8:00 p.m.
AVA is committed to supporting artists at each stage of their career. To this point, AVA will host a group exhibition of artists who have shown dedication to their craft from year to year. This competitive exhibit is designed to celebrate career artists that have consistently created and shown their work for 20+ years. This opportunity is only open to established artists living in the Southeastern United States with a well-developed, recent body of work. The exhibit is juried by AVA’s Exhibition Advisory Panel.
For more information about this exhibit, or other AVA programs, please visit avarts.org or contact Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director, at email@example.com or 423-265-4282 ext. 105.
Submission Deadline: March 28
Notifications Sent: April 7
Work Delivered to AVA: April 22
Opening Reception: May 2
Exhibit Ends: May 30
Pick-up Work: May 31
- Any artist working in any medium including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, print media, installation, ceramics, fiber arts, graphic arts, and time-based works are encouraged to apply.
- Must live within the Southeastern United States
- Must be a working artist for the past 20+ years with a consistent presence in exhibition or commercial gallery spaces or a combination of both as reflected in the resume submitted.
- Displays dedication and commitment to their work.
- Must have a current body of work, comprised of at least 5 pieces, which the artist is able to show at the time of application.
Limitation & Restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last 3 years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at AVA.
- AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to hang in the gallery.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- Time-based artists may have to provide their own equipment to show work.
- AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
- All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
- AVA reserves the right to make the final selection of all works to be displayed in the gallery.
Entry is free for AVA members. There is an entry fee of $25 for non-members. You may pay by credit card, check, or money order. For membership information visit: www.avarts.org/www/docs/106.30
- Resume (in PDF format)
- Brief artist’s statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
- Five digital images of recent works. If necessary, please extra detail shots of work submitted. Each image must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
- Complete list of images. For each image, include:
- Application fee, if a non-member
Send materials to:
Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. To the best of your knowledge, you are eligible to be considered for AVA’s FRESH 2013 Emerging Artist Exhibit. Your application contains your work and the information in your resume is complete and true. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for hanging and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. If accepted, the work presented with this application is the work that will be installed in the exhibit. The artist is also aware that AVA does not insure or agree to be responsible for any theft, damage, or loss of any article. The artist agrees to accept any and all loss, theft, or damage resulting directly or indirectly from exhibitor’s participation in these activities.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.
AVA would like to thank First Tenneessee Foundation for their sponsorship of the Main Gallery for 2013.
Association for Visual Arts
30 Frazier Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37405
Stay up to date with the AVA news letter, Subscribe Today