Fresh 2015 – Emerging Artists Exhibit
EXHIBIT DATES: JUNE 19 - July 11
AVA’s commitment to supporting emerging artists remains a touchstone of the organization. Every year, AVA hosts a group exhibition of emerging visual artists from the region. This competitive exhibit is designed to support early-career artists at critical points in their growth and development. This opportunity is only open to artists at an early stage in their career with a well-developed, recent body of work who have not had a solo show and are not represented by a commercial gallery. The exhibit is juried by AVA’s Exhibition Advisory Panel.
Submission Deadline: May 11
Notifications Sent: May 26
Work Delivered to AVA: June 20 or June 23
Opening Reception: July 10
Exhibit Ends: July 31
Pick-up Work: August 1
- Any artist working in any medium including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, print media, installation, ceramics, fiber arts, graphic arts, and time-based works are encouraged to apply.
- Must live within the Southeastern United States
- Must be at an early stage in their artistic career.
- Displays artistic promise and commitment to their work.
- Has never had a solo show or binding affiliation with any commercial gallery.
- Must have a current body of work, comprised of at least 5 pieces, which the artist is able to show at the time of application.
Limitation & Restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last 2 years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at AVA.
- AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to hang in the gallery.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- Time-based artists may have to provide their own equipment to show work.
- AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
- All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
- Works are not insured while on the AVA premises.
Entry is free for AVA members. There is an entry fee of $25 for non-members. You may pay by credit card, check, or money order.
Mail any checks to:
AVA, Attn: Lauren Goforth
30 Frazier Ave. Chattanooga, TN 37405
For membership information visit our AVA Membership page
Resume (in PDF format)
Brief artist’s statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
- Five digital images of recent works. If necessary, please extra detail shots of work submitted. Each image must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
- Complete list of images. For each image, include:
- Application fee, if a non-member
Send materials to: Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. To the best of your knowledge, you are eligible to be considered for AVA’s FRESH 2015 Emerging Artist Exhibit. Your application contains your work and the information in your resume is complete and true. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for hanging and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. If accepted, the work presented with this application is the work that will be installed in the exhibit. The artist is also aware that AVA does not insure or agree to be responsible for any theft, damage, or loss of any article. The artist agrees to accept any and all loss, theft, or damage resulting directly or indirectly from exhibitor’s participation in these activities.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.