Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce
2015 Spirit of Innovation Kruesi Award Proposals Prospectus
The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking submissions from artists for the design and creation of the Kruesi Award for Innovation. The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce presents the Kruesi Award for Innovation each year during their Spirit of Innovation Awards Luncheon to the local company that best exemplifies the inventive spirit in business.
Creating the Kruesi Award offers a unique opportunity for an area artist to expose their work to the Chattanooga business community and the community as a whole, and to align their art with the very spirit of innovation and inventiveness celebrated by the award.
Proposals may be submitted by an individual artist working in any 3-dimensional, sculptural medium. The selection process will consist of two rounds. Participating artists must first submit a detailed drawing, blueprint or mock-up of their vision for the final trophy design. A selection panel will assess this first round of mock-up submissions. Then three finalists will be chosen to continue to the second round and receive a $750 stipend to create one fully developed version of their design. From those three finalists, one will be chosen to receive $5,000 to create five finished, full scale award statuettes from their design proposal.
For more information about the 2015 Spirit of Innovation Kruesi Award Design Proposals, please contact Lauren Goforth, AVA’s Education and Exhibitions Director, at 423-265-4282x105 or email@example.com
Application Deadline: February 27, 2015
• Artists working in any 3-dimensional, sculptural medium including, but not limited to: glass, metal, clay, ceramics, stone, wood, recycled materials, etc.
• Artist must be a resident of the greater Chattanooga area
• Artist must be at least 18 years of age.
Limitations and Restrictions:
• All entries must be the original work of the artist.
• All works must have been created with the sole purpose of being considered for the Kruesi Award.
• All works are to be no taller than 18 inches in height.
• All works must not weigh more than 15 lbs.
• All parts of the trophy must be joined, aka, no detachable pieces.
• All designs must include a space for a small plaque to inscribe the name of the award and recipient(s).
• All artists wishing to participate must submit a detailed mock-up of the final award trophy design. If selected as a finalist, the artist must then create one final version from their trophy design with a $750 stipend provided by the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce for the final consideration of the selection committee. If selected as the winner, the artist must create 5 full-scale awards in accordance with the original design with a $5,000 stipend provided by the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce.
• All shipping or hand delivery of artwork is the responsibility of the artist.
• The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce and AVA reserve the right to reject works which are misrepresented in the application process.
• Artist statement relative to the proposed work explaining the vision for the award design. Please include a description of the proposed award design including measurements and a list of materials used.
• Detailed images and/or diagrams of the proposed work in any of the following formats: drawings, photographs, digital images or blueprints. All digital images and photos must be:
• Saved in jpeg format (no PowerPoint presentations accepted)
• Set color to RGB
• Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
• Saved under image’s title
Send materials to: Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained below and within this prospectus:
To the best of your knowledge, you are eligible to be considered to be the maker of the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce 2015 Spirit of Innovation Kruesi Award. Your application contains your work and the information in your resume is complete and true. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to AVA and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. The artist is also aware that AVA nor the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce does not insure or agree to be responsible for any theft, damage, or loss of any article. The artist agrees to accept any and all loss, theft, or damage resulting directly or indirectly from exhibitor’s participation in these activities.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to this program provided by AVA or the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.