AVA Members Salon Exhibit 2014
August 1 – 29, 2014
Opening Reception: Friday, August 1
This event is a non-juried, salon-style exhibition featuring the work of AVA members.
This exhibit is only open to current AVA members. All 2-D and 3-D media will be accepted. Pieces must not exceed 4 feet in any direction. In addition, AVA can only accept one piece per artist.
How To Submit:
Bring a work of art to display at AVA, and prepare your artwork for hanging. Work that lacks proper hanging equipment will not be installed.
Deliver art to AVA on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 between 11:00am - 4:00pm (or until all spots are filled). Work will be accepted on a first come, first served basis until all spots are filled. While at AVA, artists will fill out an ID tag for their work (title, medium and price).
Sales are encouraged. Reimbursement on sold works will be made within 30 days of
de-installation of the exhibit. A 70% commission will be paid to the artist for works sold. Artists will pick-up unsold work on Saturday, August 30 from 11:00am - 5:00pm.
For more information about this exhibit, contact Lauren Goforth at 423.265.4282 x 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AVA Members Salon Show
August 1 - August 30, 2014
Opening Reception: August 1, 5:30pm-8pm
NEEDLE & THREAD
September 6 - October 31 2014
Opening Reception: September 6 2-8pm (Gallery Hop 2014!)
To celebrate American Quilter's Society QuiltWeek, the Association for Visual Arts (AVA) will host Needle & Thread, an exhibition of artists working with materials and processes often present in quilt making. Artists working across a variety of media will be represented, but they will all include some aspect of quilt making. Artworks on display may feature fibers and textiles, needles and thread. They may include sewing, cutting, or pattern making techniques, or they may take a thematic approach towards quilt making and sewing. This exhibit seeks to pay homage not only the beauty of a completed quilt, but also the thought put into the making of one. The exhibit is juried by AVA’s Exhibition Advisory Panel.
For more information about Needle & Thread, or other AVA programs, please visit www.avarts.org or contact Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director, at email@example.com or 423-265-4282 ext. 105.
Submission Deadline: August 8
Notifications Sent: August 15
Work Delivered to AVA: August 30 or September 2
Opening Reception: September 6
Exhibit Ends: October 31
Pick-up Work: November 1
- Any artist working in any medium including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, print media, installation, ceramics, fiber arts, graphic arts, and time-based works are encouraged to apply.
- Works must evoke the art of quilt making in some way. This could be through materials or processes used or with a thematic approach.
- Displays artistic promise and commitment to their work.
- Must have a current body of work, comprised of at least 5 pieces, which the artist is able to show at the time of application.
Limitation & Restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last 2 years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at AVA.
- AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to hang in the gallery.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- Time-based artists may have to provide their own equipment to show work.
- AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
- All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
- AVA does not insure or agree to be responsible for any theft, damage, or loss of any article.
Entry is free for AVA members. There is an entry fee of $25 for non-members. You may pay by credit card, check, or money order. For membership information visit: www.avarts.org/www/docs/106.30
- Resume (in PDF format)
- Brief artist’s statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
- Five digital images of recent works. If necessary, please extra detail shots of work submitted. Each image must be:
· Saved in jpeg format
· 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
· Image size should not exceed 3MB
· Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
- Complete list of images. For each image, include:
- Application fee, if a non-member
Send materials to:
Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. To the best of your knowledge, you are eligible to be considered for AVA’s FRESH 2014 Emerging Artist Exhibit. Your application contains your work and the information in your resume is complete and true. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for hanging and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. If accepted, the work presented with this application is the work that will be installed in the exhibit. The artist is also aware that AVA does not insure or agree to be responsible for any theft, damage, or loss of any article. The artist agrees to accept any and all loss, theft, or damage resulting directly or indirectly from exhibitor’s participation in these activities.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.