A Picture’s Worth: Juried Photography Exhibition
January 8 - February 26, 2016
The Association for Visual Arts (AVA) in Chattanooga, TN invites artists to apply to a juried photography exhibition. Any artist working in any photographic medium may apply. This exhibit is juried by AVA’s Selection Panel, which consists of professional artists, curators, and art educators.
For more information about A Picture’s Worth, or other AVA programs, please visit avarts.org or contact Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director, at 423-265-4282 ext. 105, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December 12
Notifications Sent: December 18
Accepted Work Delivery: January 5 or 6
Opening Reception: February 5
Artwork Pickup: February 27
- All application materials must be submitted electronically to Lauren Goforth at email@example.com by December 12 for consideration.
- Work must be dependent primarily on photographic processes. Please include on the image list a brief description of medium (i.e., silver gelatin, digital, hand tinted, etc.).
- Must have a current body of work, which the artist is able to show at the time of application.
Limitations & Restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last 2 years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at AVA.
- AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to hang in the gallery.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- Time-based artists may have to provide their own equipment to show work.
- AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
- All works are insured while on AVA’s premises.
- The artist is responsible for all shipping or hand delivery and return of work(s) for exhibition.
Entry is free for AVA members. There is an entry fee of $25 for non-members. You may pay by credit card, check, or money order. To become an AVA member, visit http://www.avarts.org/ava-membership/
- Brief artist’s statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
- Up to 5 digital images of recent works. If necessary, please include extra detail shots of work submitted. Each image must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
4. Complete list of images (in PDF format). For each image, include:
5. Application fee, if a non-member
Send materials to:
Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. To the best of your knowledge, you are eligible to be considered for A Picture’s Worth. Your application contains your work and the information in your resume is complete and true. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for hanging and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. If accepted, the work presented with this application is the work that will be installed in the exhibit.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.