FRESH Emerging Artists Exhibition
September 9, 2017 - October 26, 2017
Submission Deadline: August 4
Acceptance Notification: August 14
Accepted Work Delivery: August 29 - 31
Opening Reception: September 9 (Gallery Hop)
Work Pick-up: October 27
AVA's annual FRESH Emerging Artists Exhibition is a juried showcase highlighting artists that have never been previously exhibited in our space. This is a great opportunity especially for students, early career artists, and even artists that are new to the Chattanooga area. The grand opening is also the day of AVA's Gallery Hop which brings massive exposure to the participants. (For more information on Gallery Hop visit http://www.avarts.org/gallery-hop)
This call is open to AVA members and non-members. There is no submission/application fee for this exhibition. All mediums are allowed. All interested artists must have no history of exhibiting in AVA's main gallery.
Limitation & Restrictions
1) All artwork must be original.
2) 2D artworks must have a hanging system. Sculptures must also have a hanging system (if suspended) or a secure base, and weigh no more than 75 lbs.
3) AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
4) All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
5) AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the submission process or are not properly outfitted to display in the gallery.
1.) Brief artist statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
2.) Submit no more than 3 works. Each image must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
3.) Complete list of images. For each image, include:
Send materials to AVA's Chief Curator, Kreneshia Whiteside: email@example.com Subject line should read "FRESH Submission"
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for hanging and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. If accepted, the work presented with this application is the work that will be installed in the exhibit. All works are insured while on AVA’s premises.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.