Call For Artists
Submission Deadline: March 29, 2019
Acceptance Notifications: April 3, 2019
Exhibition Duration: April 23 - April 27, 2019
Reception: April 26, 2019
This showcase is a continuation of last year’s competition involving a 5-day pop up show awarded to a selected artist, however, #AVAPOPUP 2019 will feature multiple artists instead of one, as well as art collectors- expanding the opportunity to even more individuals. Submissions from students will also be considered for the Landis Education Gallery. Proposals will be judged and selected by AVA’s Chief Curator to be featured in the exhibition. No membership is required, and winners receive a group closing reception!
This call is open to artists, artist groups, and art collectors in the Chattanooga and surrounding area*. Proposals will be judged and selected by our Chief Curator in regards to their content and presentation. Each accepted participant will be allocated a space/wall in AVA’s Main or Education Gallery. All mediums are allowed. Submission fee is $10 for Non AVA Members. There is no submission fee for AVA Members.
*Opportunity for residents within 30 mile radius of Chattanooga
Limitations & Restrictions
1) All artwork must be original. Only collectors are able to sell the work of another artist, if granted permission prior to showcase.
2) 2D work must have a ready hanging system. 3D work must have a hanging system (if suspended) or a secure base.
3) The installment of each participant cannot exceed the allocated space of 96”x 86” (width x height*) given to each person/group.
*Height may increase depending on wall.
4) All shipping and installment of work is the responsibility of the participant.
5) AVA monitors all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission after processing fees.
6) AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the submission process or are not properly outfitted to display in the AVA Gallery.
1.) Submit only 3 pieces that best represent your proposal. Image(s) must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set to color RGB (i.e. no added filters)
- Saved as participant’s last name and image’s title. Example: JONES_UNTITLED.jpg
2.) Include the below listing for each piece in the submission email:
- Name/Organization Name
- Title of work
3.) Exhibit theme and summary (1 - 3 paragraphs)
4.) Submission fee must be paid prior to submission. Payment option below.
Email materials to AVA's Chief Curator, Kreneshia Whiteside: email@example.com
Subject line should read "2019 #AVAPOPUP"
Submitting your work indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. You understand that it will be your responsibility to uphold given gallery and participation standards, concurrent with any schedules given to you.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or religion.