Call For Artists
In preparation for the 2019 Skate Graphics Contest featuring middle & high school students, AVA is now taking submissions from Members to include in the showcase. Artists interested in this opportunity of using a literal skateboard as a canvas should email 2 examples of completed work to AVA's Chief Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited. Submission Deadline is November 19th (extended). Selected AVA Artists will be supplied a blank skateboard.
AVA Main & Landis Gallery
MY STORY: LIFE AS A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT
Submission Deadline: November 2, 2018
Acceptance Notifications: November 9, 2018
Delivery Dates: November 14 - 17, 2018
Exhibition Duration: December 3 - 28, 2018
Opening Reception: December 7, 2018
Closing out the 2018 calendar is the exciting juried exhibition My Story: Life as a High School Student. This showcase provides a unifying theme
from which teenage artists can visually articulate personal and meaningful narratives about themselves. This exhibit promotes the importance of Arts Education, showcasing the intersection where education impacts evolving artistic talent. My Story: Life as a High School Student reveals
the bounty of creativity, diversity, and skill that is shaping and defining the lives of local high school students.
This call is open to all high school students (grades 9 - 12) of Hamilton County including home, private, and public schools. Students must submit one piece to AVA’s Chief Curator, Kreneshia Whiteside, by November 2nd, 2018 via email. All mediums are allowed.
Limitations & Restrictions
1) All artwork must be original.
2) 2D works must have a ready hanging system at the time of delivery and cannot exceed a height or width of 48 inches. 3D works must have a hanging system (if suspended) or a secure base and cannot exceed 8' in any direction. Works cannot weigh more than 50 lbs.
3) All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
4) AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the submission process or are not properly outfitted to display in the gallery.
5) AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 15% commission from all gallery sales.
1.) Submit 1 piece only. The image(s) must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB (i.e. no added filters)
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
2.) Include the below listing in the submission email for the image:
- Artist First & Last name
- Grade & School
- Price (if for sale)
3.) Include a brief artist statement that is relevant to the work submitted (no more than 5 sentences)
Send materials to AVA's Chief Curator, Kreneshia Whiteside: email@example.com
Subject line should read "My Story 2018"
Submitting your work indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. You understand that it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for installment and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you. All works are insured while on AVA’s premises.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or religion.