JURIED MEMBERS SHOW
Submission Deadline: July 12, 2019
Acceptance Notifications: July 24, 2019
Exhibition Duration: August 9 - September 20, 2019
Reception: August 9, 2019
This call is open to AVA Members. Submissions will be judged and selected by a committee of local art professionals. All mediums are allowed. There is no submission fee. Membership must be current to be considered.
Limitations & Restrictions
1) All artwork must be original.
2) 2D works must have a ready hanging system at the time of delivery. 3D works must have a hanging system (if suspended) or a secure base and cannot exceed 8' in any direction. Works cannot weigh more than 75 lbs.
3) All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
4) AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the submission process or are not properly outfitted to display in the AVA Gallery.
5) AVA monitors all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission after processing fees.
1.) Please provide a phone number to be reached at in your submission.
2.) Submit no more than 3 works. Image(s) must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set to color RGB (i.e. no added filters)
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: JONES_UNTITLED.jpg
3.) Include the below listing in the submission email for each image:
- Artist Name
- Price (if for sale)
4.) Include a brief artist statement explaining the works (no longer than a paragraph)
5.) Submission is free for current AVA members.
Email materials to AVA's Chief Curator, Kreneshia Whiteside: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read "JURIED 2019"
Submitting your work indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. You understand that it will be your responsibility to uphold given gallery and participation standards, concurrent with any schedules given to you.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or religion.