Call For Artists
AVA Main & Landis Gallery
Submission Deadline: July 23, 2018
Delivery Dates: July 26 - 28, 2018
Exhibition Duration: August 3 - 24, 2018
Opening Reception: August 3, 2018
Work Pick-up: July 27 - August 3, 2018
Our Artist Membership is made up of diverse artists with various mediums and styles, however the upcoming exhibition is highlighting our less represented genre: 3D artwork. We're calling all AVA artists that dwell in the 3D fields of sculpture, ceramic, craft, jewelry, clothing, glass, and wood. This showcase is all about the Artisans!
This call is open to local and non-local artists. You must be an AVA member to submit. Artists can renew or join AVA membership at the time of submission. For more information about our membership and benefits, please visit http://www.avarts.org/ava-membership/ Only 3D mediums are allowed.
*3D works include artwork that invade a space- pieces that have dimensions (height, width, & depth) and can be viewed from multiple angles. 2D works such as paintings, drawings, photography, and other flat pieces will not be accepted. Selection discretion will be made by AVA's Chief Curator.
Limitations & Restrictions
1) All artwork must be original.
2) 3D works must have a hanging system (if suspended) or a secure base and cannot exceed 12' in any direction. Works weighing more than 100 lbs. may be required to assist AVA's Chief Curator with installment.
3) All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
4) AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the submission process or are not properly outfitted to display in the gallery.
5) AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
1.) Submit no more than 5 works. Each image must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
2.) Include the below listing in the submission email for each image:
- Artist First & Last name
- Dimensions & weight
- Price (if for sale)
- Specific installation needs
3.) Include a brief artist statement that is relevant to the work submitted (no more than 1 page)
Send materials to AVA's Chief Curator, Kreneshia Whiteside:
email@example.com Subject line should read "AVA Artisans"
Submitting your work indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. You understand that it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for installment and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you. All works are insured while on AVA’s premises.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or religion.