Call For Artists
ONCE UPON A TIME
AVA Main & Landis Education Gallery
Submission Deadline: February 8, 2019
Acceptance Notifications: February 12, 2019
Delivery Dates: February 13 - 23, 2019
Exhibition Duration: March 1 - April 12, 2019
Opening Reception: March 1, 2019
Once Upon A Time highlights the talents of illustration and animation artists, recognizing that visual depiction is linked to the artistry of writing. Works portraying renowned and original stories will be curated into our galleries, alongside the writings that inspired them. This showcase will open on the national Read Across America Day weekend.
This call is open to all artists. All mediums are allowed. There is a $10 submission fee for Non-AVA members. There is no fee for AVA members.
For more information on membership visit: http://www.avarts.org/membership
Limitations & Restrictions
1) All artwork must be original.
2) 2D works must have a ready hanging system at the time of delivery. 3D works must have a hanging system (if suspended) or a secure base and cannot exceed 8' in any direction. Works cannot weigh more than 75 lbs.
3) All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
4) AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the submission process or are not properly outfitted to display in the gallery.
5) AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales after processing fees.
1.) Submit no more than 3 works. Image(s) must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set to color RGB (i.e. no added filters)
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: JONES_UNTITLED.jpg
2.) Include the below listing in the submission email for each image:
- Artist Name
- Price (if for sale)
3.) Include a brief artist statement (3 - 5 sentences)
4.) Include the story that corresponds to each submitted work (word document format).
5.) Submission fee must be paid prior to submission (one fee per artist). Submission fee is $10 per artist and free to current AVA members.
Email materials to AVA's Chief Curator, Kreneshia Whiteside: email@example.com
Subject line should read "Once Upon a Time"
Submitting your work indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. You understand that it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for installment and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you. All works are insured while on AVA’s premises.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or religion.