Call to Artists
Fresh 2014 – Emerging Artists Exhibit
June 6 – July 25
Opening Reception: June 6, 5:30-8:00 p.m.
AVA’s commitment to supporting emerging artists remains a touchstone of the organization. Every year, AVA hosts a group exhibition of emerging visual artists from the region. This competitive exhibit is designed to support early-career artists at critical points in their growth and development. This opportunity is only open to artists at an early stage in their career with a well-developed, recent body of work who have not had a solo show and are not represented by a commercial gallery. The exhibit is juried by AVA’s Exhibition Advisory Panel.
For more information about Fresh 2012, or other AVA programs, please visit avarts.org or contact Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director, at email@example.com or 423-265-4282 ext. 105.
Submission Deadline: May 15
Notifications Sent: May 19
Work Delivered to AVA: June 3
Opening Reception: June 6
Exhibit Ends: July 25
Pick-up Work: July 26
- Any artist working in any medium including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, print media, installation, ceramics, fiber arts, graphic arts, and time-based works are encouraged to apply.
- Must live within the Southeastern United States
- Must be at an early stage in their artistic career.
- Displays artistic promise and commitment to their work.
- Has never had a solo show or binding affiliation with any commercial gallery.
- Must have a current body of work, comprised of at least 5 pieces, which the artist is able to show at the time of application.
Limitation & Restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last 2 years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at AVA.
- AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to hang in the gallery.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- Time-based artists may have to provide their own equipment to show work.
- AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
- All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
- AVA reserves the right to make the final selection of all works to be displayed in the gallery.
Entry is free for AVA members. There is an entry fee of $25 for non-members. You may pay by credit card, check, or money order. For membership information visit: www.avarts.org/www/docs/106.30
- Resume (in PDF format)
- Brief artist’s statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
- Five digital images of recent works. If necessary, please extra detail shots of work submitted. Each image must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
- Complete list of images. For each image, include:
- Application fee, if a non-member
Send materials to:
Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understand all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. To the best of your knowledge, you are eligible to be considered for AVA’s FRESH 2013 Emerging Artist Exhibit. Your application contains your work and the information in your resume is complete and true. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the AVA Gallery ready for hanging and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. If accepted, the work presented with this application is the work that will be installed in the exhibit. The artist is also aware that AVA does not insure or agree to be responsible for any theft, damage, or loss of any article. The artist agrees to accept any and all loss, theft, or damage resulting directly or indirectly from exhibitor’s participation in these activities.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by the Association for Visual Arts based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.
Exhibit & Sell at Heaven & Ale
Heaven & Ale craft beer tasting room and retail shop invites all local artists to apply for a spot in their rotating exhibition program. The shop, which opens in late June, will feature
local art on the shop walls on a 2-month rotation (or shorter as desired).
As part of the program, artists receive:
- 2-month exhibition on shop walls (shorter time periods can be arranged as needed)
- 70% of sales
- (optional) Happy Hour with the artist, in which patrons have the opportunity to meet the artist, discuss the art, and make purchases
- Online advertising with artist bio via Heaven & Ale's website, social networking, and email newsletter
Due to the configuration of the space, art that can be hung on the walls will work best. The shop will have a modern, eclectic atmosphere, so artwork matching this sensibility is preferred (fine art photography, collage, local scenes in any medium, modern/contemporary, etc.). The size of the exhibition is flexible, and will likely include 1 dedicated gallery wall measuring approximately 8 ft wide x 9 ft. tall, along with 3 other smaller spaces throughout the store.
Please contact Joe Winland (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and submissions. Please include images or links to images of your work.
Debut Contemporary: International Call to Artists
Debut Contemporary is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications from aspiring and talented artists across all disciplines.
We invite all independent talented and ambitious artists, in the UK and internationally, across all media to apply, including visual arts, performance, film, animation, sound and music.
We are looking for artists with great work coupled by an equally great mindset and hunger to succeed to join the unique professional development program. With numerous success stories from the Debut Artists in the past year, we very much look forward to continuing to discover, mentor, and nurture creative talent.
Apply now! Applications can be made via http://www.debutcontemporary.com/ apply.
The Artists Market takes place the First Saturday of each month from 11am-6pm. Located on Brainerd Blvd at the corner of S. Seminole just before the tunnel in the Mid-Town area. This event is
sponsored by Walls of Color Gallery /MelRose Boutique and was created to promote the Mid-Town and Brainerd Road Art District (B.R.A.D.).
The Artists Market is a producer-only event. All pieces must be handcrafted by the artist. Resale of wholesale items (buy/sell) are not permitted. Artists may only show and sell work from the category in which they have been accepted. Booths may not be shared and each artists must submit and be accepted each month.
To participate call 423-710-2305 and ask for Lauralei or email request to email@example.com.
Call for Work: A Better You Day Spa and Salon
A Better You Day Spa and Salon is looking for a variety of artwork that would be appropriate for different parts of their facilities. Works desired include relaxing pieces for treatment rooms, pieces that would be of interest to girls 12 and younger, and fashion forward and trendy pieces for the salon area.
A Better You Day Spa and Salon will provide online advertising, where pieces will be displayed on their website, and the artist's headshot and bio would also be available for clients to view and learn a more about the artist. They would also use social media tools such as Facebook to advertise and get exposure for the artist, as well as features in newsletter.
Artist will receive 80% of sales from work and 20% will be given to A Better You Day Spa and Salon. For more information or to submit your work, Please contact Leah Marie Moulton, Client Relations Coordinator, at (423) 894-0078.
Artfetch: Call for Submissions
Artfetch is now accepting submissions from undergrad/post-grad students, and recent art college alumni. Presenting the work of selected emerging artists for sale online, the Artfetch team of specialist cutting-edge curators will choose the most promising to be included and listed for sale on the website.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A CV including your date of birth and contact details
- A one-page artist statement including a short bio, an overview of your practice as a whole and some detail on the works submitted
- A selection of jpeg images of available works
- A list of the submitted jpeg images including the medium, year made and dimensions (width x height)
All media accepted. Submissions accepted on a rolling basis. No fee to apply. Once a submission has been made we will be happy to provide further details on the service offer that will be posed by www.Artfetch.com to the artist.
Artfetch is changing the way the world sees art.
Have a call to artists you want listed?
Contact Zachery Cooper, Director of Media & Design, at email@example.com or 423.265.4282.102 to have your call listed on our website.
Association for Visual Arts
30 Frazier Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37405
Stay up to date with the AVA news letter, Subscribe Today